St Brides Spa Hotel is a contemporary destination spa hotel located on the headlands in Pembrokeshire with elevated views of Saundersfoot Harbour.
Our AA 2 rosette Cliff restaurant and Gallery bar have dramatic views across the bay and harbour and they are consistently changing throughout the day.
The kitchen Team are committed to using the freshest ingredients, simply cooked to make the best use of natural flavours whilst our food and beverage team maintain our obtrusive approach to 'fine dining'.
Sous Chef: Seeking an experienced and passionate Sous Chef at St Brides Spa Hotel. You will be working alongside our Senior sous Chef and Head Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including supervising other kitchen staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. You will be passionate about delivering high quality food, consistently to meet our customers expectations.
SOUS CHEF ROLE:
- Prepare, cook and present food in accordance with brand standards
- Aid the Head chef with stock control and ordering
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Management of food safety and ensuring the kitchen is fully compliant.
- Work alongside our HR manager and Head chef to train and develop your team.
- ·Take pride in maintaining highest standards of cleanliness.
- Coach, mentor and maintain motivation of your team.
- Be a driver of positive and collaborative relationships between the kitchen and other departments.
- Work closely with our F&B team to ensure operational efficiency and to deliver our high standards
- Help with menu development and costing
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A SOUS CHEF:
- Great leadership skills
- Great team-player
- Calm and effective whilst under pressure
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships
- A great eye for detail
- Ability to confidently lead the team.
- At least 3 years Chef experience
- Have experience of working at a minimum 2 Rosette standard
- Computer literate/experience with food management software
- Ability to confidently lead the team in Head Chefs absence.
- Discount on spa retail and treatments
- Discount in our restaurants
- Discount for family members
- Holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Corporate memberships at Pembrokeshire Leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- New high quality equipment
- Subsidised Accommodation upon request
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: