At St Brides Spa Hotel we pride ourselves on providing high standards in all rooms and public areas. In this role you will be working with the housekeeping team to clean and prepare all rooms and public areas to consistently meet the standard required.
Are you an experienced head housekeeper - you could be from any sector – and keen to take on a role with more meaning? Are you a great supervisor with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and superb people skills?
- Prepare and maintain a Rota, ensuring the Housekeeping and Hostess teams are adequately staffed at all times.
- To instruct the Housekeeping team in their role and required duties / allocation
- To instruct the Housekeeping team in their required duties.
- To ensure that all cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers in line with Company purchasing policy.
- To ensure stock takes are carried out at the end of each month.
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To implement and maintain cleaning schedules for the entire hotel and ensure that they are adhered too.
- To ensure cleaning of all areas of the hotel are to the highest standard, including apartments.
- To organise deep cleaning duties when required.
- To ensure the laundry is to the highest standard, including ironing.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene within the home and adhere to COSSH guidelines.
- Maintain health and safety in the home by adhering to the company’s policies and procedures at all times, including instructions in the Facilities Manual.
- To attend meetings whenever possible.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of supervising a team of staff.
- To understand and ability to adhere to health and safety/COSHH guidelines
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to organise priorities. Motivate and lead a team of staff
- Ability to appreciate the needs of others
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised, using initiative and maintain professional standards, even when under pressure
- Flexible to meet the needs of the hotel.
- Smart appearance, good personal hygiene standards.
- Shares ideas with others [to make improvements]
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- Committed to communicate with customers to understand their needs
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfill customers’ needs
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team
- Paid breaks
- Meals on duty
- Relevant uniform provided
- Discounts on spa retail and treatments
- 20% Discount at our restaurants
- Paid holiday
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Corporate Membership at Pembrokeshire Leisure centres
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)