- To be fully conversant with special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises.
- To promote the other departments within the hotel at every given opportunity in order to maximise hotel sales.
- To make sure that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
- To ensure that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
- To be aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximise room sales is taken.
- Provide a hospitable service to the standards laid down by the hotel.
- To offer assistance to other departments, including Bar, Restaurant, Spa and Housekeeping whenever you are needed.
- Whenever possible to anticipate guests needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- To be fully conversant and able to operate the hotel’s front office systems.
- To ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guests bills following the standard procedures.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
- To carry out all Reception duties following procedures as outlined in the S.O.P. Manual.
- To ensure the security of guests property, and lost property following security procedures
- To ensure the correct levels of stationary are maintained in Reception.
- To arrive for work at the correct time and to ensure your appearance follows the hotels set standards.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties directed as by the Management.