The St Brides Spa Hotel is looking for an experienced handy man/maintenance person. The role will be based in the hotel however, you will need to be flexible & assist our other sites in the Saundersfoot area when required.
Must be experienced and have a good sound knowledge of most maintenance issues, in particular must have work skills in painting and decorating, carpentry and general DIY handy jobs.
You will be responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellent guest experience.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable and willing to roll up their sleeves with a ‘can do ‘attitude, plus someone who has a positive attitude and can be part of our company.
Immediate start is required. Must be flexible with the hours to suit the business.
Main function of the role
To provide a comprehensive maintenance programme to the St Brides Spa Hotel and the St Brides Apartments. To ensure the upkeep of the building fabric and external areas. As the Maintenance/Handy Person you will ensure that the hotel receives the projected, daily and preventative maintenance required to keep it at the standards required for the guests and staff.
Main duties: (Not exhaustive)
- General ongoing repairs and preventative maintenance
- Dealing with emergency repairs
- Repair to equipment and furniture
- Electrical & Plumbing repairs (with support from external contractors where applicable)
- Decorating, Wall & Floor Tiling & grouting
- Spa Pool plant maintenance
- Locks & Keys
- Installing new equipment
- Managing outside contractors
- Managing building & grounds maintenance in a structured and timed manner
- Fire Safety – In charge Of – Tests / Equipment Maintained Etc
- Ensure that all statutory and company regulations relating to health and safety, hygiene, conduct of employees, fire emergency procedures and testing, security of premises and property are upheld.
- Providing maintenance support to the other On the Shore Restaurants ltd premises as and when required.
- Any other duties as required which is consistent with grade and responsibility.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / UNDERSTANDING
- At least two year’s demonstrable experience in maintenance and repair in an industrial or commercial environment
- Competent at working with electrics and electrical equipment
- The ability to work within a schedule whilst using own initiative to problem solve
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Satisfactory levels of fitness to carry out duties/tasks
- Previous experience of working within a guest focused environment
- Experience of undertaking work area risk assessments
- Trained in Manual Handling.
- First Aid qualification.
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Trade qualification in Building Maintenance or equivalent experience