Position: Spa Therapist
Responsible to: Spa Manager
To provide a professional and courteous treatment service to resident guests and external clients. To ensure a consistently outstanding treatment service is provided. To welcome our guests whether they are making enquiries, scheduling treatments or visiting our luxurious Spa facilities. You’ll also get involved in a variety of other duties such as product promotions, sales and visitor tours, carrying out security checks and reporting any maintenance issues.
- To carry out all treatments listed in The St Brides Spa’s published Treatment Menu
- To deliver treatment service levels to comply with hotel guidelines, health and safety regulations, contra-indications and ensure a consistently outstanding guest experience.
- To maintain a clean and efficient "5 star" operation and environment to meet and exceed guest expectations
- To ensure a consistently outstanding treatment service is provided at all times, maximising business potential from treatments and retail sales
- Act as an ambassador of the Hotel with guests and colleagues
- Achieve minimum sales target each month
- Sales centric and guest care orientated
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Previous experience in similar 4/5 star environment
- Flexible work ethic and proactive approach
- Knowledge of skincare and various product houses
- In depth knowledge of contra-indications
- Health and Safety awareness
- Ability to carry out variety of treatments demonstrating confidence and competence
- NVQ level 3 in Holistic therapies or equivalent
Skills and abilities
- The ability to empathise and communicate with a diverse range of individuals
- The ability to work under pressure
- To build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- To be adaptable
- To be self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as needed.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to spot errors and question information received.
- The ability to empathise and communicate with a diverse range of individuals.
- Basic numeric skills – being able to do basic calculations
Educated to GCSE standard Maths & English or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within a customer facing role
- Experience of working with confidential information
- Willingness to learn how to use and maintain unfamiliar equipment or computer programmes etc
- Must be flexible to work shifts over a 7 day period.
- Experience of working within a busy Spa environment