On a cliff top overlooking Saundersfoot in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, St Brides Spa Hotel is an oasis of calm with an award-winning spa, contemporary restaurant and stylish bedrooms.
Taking on the role of Head of Accounts you’ll be joining a strong, passionate and dynamic team focused on consistent processes and quality that exceeds expectations. You will work directly with and be supported by a small senior management team as well as managing and leading the accounting team.
- Overseeing the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Responsibility and control of Sales & Purchase Ledger
- Oversee financial department financial assistants
- Develop and maintain all business and financial models as well as financial processes for the group
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Reporting of all HMRC and Companies House returns
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- PA duties for Managing Directors
- To be fully aware of the need to be totally confidential regarding all details of personal and professional nature.
- To support any additional tasks required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Sage 50 Accounts experience
- Experience within the Hospitality sector
- Degree qualified in Accounting or similar
- Several years of experience in a finance role
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail
- Great organisational skills
- Advanced, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Level Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office functions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)